I always believe in dressing like I am going somewhere better after. It just makes me feel good and lot more confident about myself – Appearance is everything, isn’t it? Do well, live well and dress very well.
I am a huge fan of long dresses. I think they make for perfect attire for almost any occasion. Plus they are so comfortable. Not all dresses are easy to carry. Nonetheless, I love them all. Maxis have a lot going for them, especially as a good alternative for those who don’t want to show their legs. And, I might add, they’re certainly a better option than those god-awful capri pants.
“Any woman of any age and any shape can wear a maxi dress” – Gregg Andrews, Nordstrom fashion creative director.
“I’ve seen women in their 70s in Florida wearing long, beachy dresses, and they look great,” says stylist Joyce Sobczyk.
“I love the ease of a maxi. It’s a great feminine look that you can dress up and dress down” says Susan Swimmer, More magazine’s contributing fashion features editor.
In this article, I am going to give some tips on wearing dresses for casual day/dinner setup. So, go long and opt for a maxi dress.
Dressing tips –
- Go for bold solid colors without a doubt! They are always in.
- Cold shoulder, halter, tube, bell sleeves, side-slit, lace, florals – all make for great candidate for casual wear
- If you don’t want to show your arms, a shrug or a jacket can go well with the dress
- Carry a cross body bag or tote with the dress. Stay away from those fussy purses
- Don’t consider a maxi dress as a formal wear. These can be comfortably worn casually
- Pair dresses with belts and hats – they never go out of style. A head wrap can be used for a bad hair day as well
- Don’t show those bra straps, please – they really don’t look good!
- Keep it casual – Avoid office jackets as cover-ups
- Remember the lipstick, bronzer, and mascara
- Avoid wearing dresses that drag along the floor and make you uncomfortable. Show your shoes!
- Flats and wedges are ideal for dresses! Don’t forget to ace the look with a perfect pedi and polish
- I usually add either a nice pair of earrings or a nice necklace – both not both, with a dress. Bracelets/watches are always a big – YES! Those smartwatches look great as well.
What is really important in any look is your attitude and how comfortable you are wearing a dress. Remember – what is important in a dress is the woman wearing it! So keep the chin, attitude, and standards high.
Adding some pictures in the post. Comment and ask me if you would like to know where to shop the look.